Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
What RPA is, what RPA does, how RPA is used, where to implement it, and more.
Software robots can automate all kinds of well-defined, standardized, and stable processes.
So, what is robotic process automation or RPA?
RPA by its acronym: Robotic Process Automation, is a software technology that allows you to automate digital tasks, such as processing requests, files, e-mails and data, in the cloud or on the Internet. software that allows you to automate digital tasks, that is, it works with files and data that may be stored on a computer, or in the cloud or on the internet.
Why is RPA the future?
Robotic Process Automation allows people to create “software robots,” also known as bots, which emulate human behavior on a computer or digital device; allowing systematized actions to be carried out according to the Organization’s processes/activities definitions.
Bots are programmed to perform the tedious and repetitive tasks that a person does, allowing people to perform tasks that add greater value to the company. Bots can be operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with no breaks, efficiently producing error-free outcomes, and the capacity to process large data volumes.
Download the guide and build your first robot
Why use RPA?
1. It is agile and reliable
Fast and error-free execution
2. Workers adding higher value
Your employees will perform tasks that a robot could not do
Bots can search and gather operational details for reporting, notification or alert purposes.
4. Increased productivity
Add capacity thru a digital workforce without incurring on additional cost.
5. Rapidly scalable
Either start small or at a large scale regardless of how many times a process bot is executed.
6. Provide excellent service to your customers
Bots can solve a variety of customer request such as process payments, provide answers, and process requests or claims 24x7x365.
7. Easy Bot Configuration
No need to be a computer coding expert, just Drag & drop on the intuitive and friendly user interface.
8. No hardware investment required
You can leverage your current company equipment or leverage Cloud platforms.
RPA works to meet high standards
Automation through robots allows the behavior of a human worker to be perfectly imitated, but in functions that are repetitive and tedious, such as transferring information from email to excel spreadsheets, copying phone numbers, scanning photos or documents. These tasks require precise eyes and hands so as not to err in digitization, not to mention the long hours of strenuous human work, which is why automation through RPA allows people to be freed from these tasks to let them perform functions that a robot couldn't do.
Bots adapt to well-structured processes, therefore a modification in business behavior is not required. You can add additional value to the Bot process later.
You do not need great knowledge in programming to configure and activate RPA robots, it is enough to be a basic computer user. The RPA programming software, commonly known as Studio, is very intuitive and uses the “drag and drop” features to configure the instructions the Bot will perform.
Why implement RPA in my company?
Which companies use RPA in their processes?
RPA immediately frees up workers time spent on computers. Organizations in the verticals of Financial Services, Public Sector, Insurance, Retail, ecommerce, Insurance, Energy, HealthCare are implementing RPA. However, automations are applicable across all industries’ operations, IT, Human resources, customer service, budgeting, and financials departments.
Any established and repetitive process is a candidate for automating it with RPA technology. Other candidates to consider are related to processes handling large volumes of data such as 24×7 IT monitoring services, documents and images scanning and processing, as well as systems synchronization when no other option is available.
The following are some of the processes that RPA can automate in a company. But that’s not all, as automations should be developed to meet your needs.
- Save time when processing applications, renewals, billing.
- Significant improvements in customer service.
- Automated receivables collection.
- Accurate calcs.
- Accurate payment to suppliers
- Commissions reconciliation.
- 100% on time policy payments.
- 24x7x365 Agents, Clients and Carriers servicing.
- Automatic insurance portfolio reconciliation.
Banks and Financial Institutions
- Create history profiles.
- Deliver bank statements automatically by multiple channels.
- Improve the customer experience
- Comply with Court orders related to funds withholding.
- Reduce non-compliance fines.
- Reduction of fines for non-compliance
- 100% automated Cashier/Teller reconciliations
- Zero error rate processes.
- Reduce repetitive tasks processing time.
Retail and E-commerce
- Loyalty rewards automatic assignment
- Work and deliver 24x7x365 Service
- Zero errors processing
- Increase customer satisfaction by timely and prompt responses
- Automated quality claims processing
- Updated information in real time
- Automated reports
- Automatic price and stock update
- Stock Mass loading
- Automated workers’ timecard processing.
- Reduce repetitive task processing time.
- Accurate calculations
- Configurable Automatic Notifications
- Cost reduction
- Customer service satisfaction improvement
- Insurance coverage verification.
- Phone call log monitoring and actionable notifications.
- Account statements automated distribution.
- Automated forms review
- Logistics processes time savings
- Work and deliver 24x7x365 Service
- Automated manifest uploading
- Avoid human error
- Faster and more reliable import tracking with automation
- Minimize fines due to undetected changes
- Pick-up requests Automatic approvals
- Increase Productivity
- Cargo tracking self-management
- Provide timely and efficient service 24/7
It's not just automating for the sake of automating
In order for your company to get automation technology’s full potential, it is necessary to implement a RPA platform that can assist you to create new automations that interact with each other and supports the digital transformation. You will identify new opportunities to improve data management and transactions processing, obtaining fast results by implementing bots.
We help you get started on process automation
RPA, the technology that accelerates the company
Minimum initial investment
Interacts with pre-existing systems
Scalable and enterprise-ready
Start your RPA Journey
If you have questions, and need personalized advice or want to see a demonstration of our products, talk to our experts and find out how you can get started in digital transformation.